Wednesday, February 3, 2010

SIGNS AND STUFF FROM NEW ORLEANS

Here's a few images from my trip to New Orleans last week.

This is not the sign you want to see when checking into your hotel...



Actually, that was a sign I encountered at the Audubon Insectarium. They have over 300,000 bugs and a pretty good sense of humor as evidenced by the beautiful tile work in the men's room shown here...



In case you were wondering, yes, those are dung beetles! On the bathroom walls. Perfect! Speaking of dung, here's another sign, I saw around town a lot on my first couple days in The Big Easy...



On the back of this poster was a paraphrased quote from Pulp Fiction. "And you will know we are the Saints when we lay our vengeance upon thee." I'm not sure who the Saints were avenging by slaying Favre in the NFC Championship game, but if it was Packer fans, I guess we owe them some thanks.

Saw this next sign in Jackson Square...



Just a tip, here. If you want prospective customers to believe you are an all knowing psychic, perhaps knowing how to spell psychic would help!

And finally, I saw this poster taped to the back of a street sign in the French Quarter...



'Nuff said.

-Rick-

No comments:

Post a Comment