Thursday, April 29, 2010

A QUARTER CENTURY OF MEDIOCRITY!

Well, today is a big day. Not only was it the on this day that Adolph Hitler married Eva Braun (and if those two wacky kids can't make it work, then who can?). It 's also the 25th anniversary of Len's and my first day on WAPL. Thanks for joining us for all or part of this crazy ride. It's been nothing if not an educational experience for me.

-Rick-

THINGS I'VE LEARNED OVER THE LAST 25 YEARS

I have learned that you can't judge a book by it's cover, but if you flip through it and see a lot of 4 letter words, it's probably a lot more interesting than anything you'll ever read the Post Crescent.

I have learned that while nature abhors a vacuum, it must really despise Chicago since even after all these years...the Bears still SUCK.

I have learned that even if you hold an elaborate funeral, just because someone is "dead to you" doesn't mean the purple bastard isn't going to beat your team like a rented mule.

I have learned that you can fool some of the people all of time and all of the people some of time...which is why we have Tom Mahoney doing our weather forecasts.

I have learned that while you don't have to be crazy to work here...it does however, seem to be a prerequisite for living in Sheboygan County.

I have learned that you can take the boy out of Menasha, but I'm probably still going to smell like this for the rest of my life.

I have learned that working diligently is all well and good, but you can get a much bigger raise by getting fired and then sitting on your ass for 17 months.

I have learned that no matter how many times she asks...DO NOT PULL JEANNE'S FINGER!

And I have learned that while you can't get blood out of a rock...I still bet it would soak up liquid better than a frickin' Sham-wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment